Employers: Are you a Grosse Pointe Chamber member business looking to hire a new employee or an intern? Email your job description and details to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post your position on the Chamber’s Employment Board.
Looking for JOB-READY students and alumni? Visit MICCJobs (Michigan Community Colleges Jobs Consortium to list your employment opportunity.
Looking to hire but NOT a Chamber member? There will be a nominal fee of $50 for each job posting – you will receive an invoice after posting your job.
Questions? Call (313)881-4722
A Southern Gardner –
A Southern Gardener is hiring this fall. Would you love a fun, part time job that lets you spend time in the fresh air, with great gardeners, nurturing beautiful landscapes in the Grosse Pointes? Flexible, part - time work (M-F/9-3/Sept - Nov). No experience is needed, but must be able to lift 30-50lbs. NO LAWN MOWING. If you or someone you know Is interested, email Mil Hurley at email@example.com *****
Bayne Optical –
Looking for Optician and Optometric/Ophthalmic Technician. Experienced Optician is preferred but we are willing to train exceptional candidates. We are accepting applications for both full and part-time opportunities.
Salary based on experience.
Send resume and letter of introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact Camille @ 313.885.5400
Part time cashier needed. Please sent resumes to: email@example.com
Line Cook – Full Time – Must have 2 years experience and be able to work in an organized manner
Must be able to follow directions and plate food properly. $11-14 depending on skill.
Follow Link to apply:
Currently looking for closet installers and part-time warehouse assistance.
TO APPLY: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (313)884-1818.
Seeks to fill a full-time (with benefits) position responsible for the cleaning, maintenance, and repair of the building, adjacent walks, grounds, and mechanical’s.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Request outside vendors to perform minor building maintenance and repairs and oversees work performed
- Works with departments in the setting up and tearing down for events, classes and presentations
- Cleans and stocks all bathrooms
- Sweeps, mops and vacuums using industrial cleaning equipment
- Submits request for additional cleaning and building supplies to Director of Finance
- Secures building on 5 work days
- Alerts management of equipment problems
- Performs routine checks throughout the facility to ensure a safe and clean environment
- Directs the work of volunteers performing cleaning tasks
- Follows all guidelines in the procurement and use of cleaning chemicals
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of general facility maintenance
- Skill in the operation of a variety of hand tools and cleaning equipment
- High school diploma
- Knowledge of various mechanical equipment such as furnaces, hot water heaters a plus
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment and products
TO APPLY: Please email a resume to email@example.com
Hope Senior Home Care
Hope Senior Home Care is seeking an organized, friendly, Customer Service orientated Client Care Coordinator to join our team in Grosse Pointe Farms! This is a full-time position.
As Client Care Coordinator, you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with our field staff
- Will handle all client intake calls
- Schedule and attend initial client care assessments, including a home safety assessment
- Perform ongoing Client Care Assessments, and implement Client centered care improvements
- Encourage both clients and field staff to engage in activities
- Nurtures both Clients and Field staff, to proactively maintain client and field staff relationships
- Provide assistance with client care scheduling
- Share the responsibility with other staff members for After Hours support, assisting in any emergency scheduling or situations that arise during non-business hours.
- Responsible for entering all intake, client care information, and scheduling items into computer
- Participates in daily/weekly/monthly office staff meetings as required
- Maintains Client/Field Staff Confidentiality
- Reports directly to our Director of Operations
- Minimum of 2 years of office experience in a healthcare setting
- Strong Computer skills
- Strong Communication skills
- Work independently and proactively with a minimum amount of direction and/or Supervision
- Scheduling experience
- Strong Follow-Up Skills
- Team Player
- Performs consistent with organization’s mission and core values
Benefits: Be part of an award-winning team! * Paid Time off * Bonus opportunities * Team Environment with supportive office staff * Competitive Salary based on experience
Send Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
J.McLaughlin is a specialty American Sportswear and Accessories brand headquartered in New York. J.McLaughlin has the reputation for being “local and loyal”, building meaningful relationships within the each community and providing customers with highly personalized service. We are a growing company with a focus on our culture of kindness, cultivating an exceptional atmosphere in which to work and shop.
We are looking for a highly motivated, results driven Sales Associate at our Grosse Pointe, MI location, with a passion for classic American Sportswear and the ability to achieve goals and objectives while upholding the ideals and standards of the company. The ideal candidate should be sales driven and leads by example in building impactful relationships. As brand ambassadors, Sales Associates are the experts in taking care of clients, selling, and creating a unique shopping experience with new and existing customers.
About the Role
- Act as the Brand Ambassador by embracing the company culture to develop and cultivate strong relationships with clients and our communities
- Provide exemplary client service to create a customer centric, friendly retail environment that fosters loyalty within our communities
- Drive sales by demonstrating extensive product knowledge and the ability to make appropriate suggestions to the client
- Utilize clienteling tools and outreach techniques to inform customers of upcoming events and when new product arrives
Submit your resume to store manager, Liz Korte at: email@example.com
The Neighborhood Club
Front Desk Staff: https://bit.ly/3buILRC
Fitness Attendant: https://bit.ly/357O9t8
Youth Soccer Official: https://bit.ly/2EY4dT4
Aquatics Pool Attendant: https://bit.ly/3jOJOPD
Aquatics Water Safety Instructor: https://bit.ly/31Tvm2o
For Neighborhood Club job application: https://bit.ly/2QMbJ6d
Full-time Concierge/Receptionist – Minimum qualifications:
- Greets and directs visitors, prospective residents, and/or their families; responds to routine inquiries.
- Answers a multi-line telephone system, and transfers telephone calls.
- Maintains the lobby and desk in a neat, organized, updated and orderly fashion.
- High level of professionalism and personal standard of a positive attitude, behavior and appearance.
- Communicate effectively and provide outstanding customer service with the ability to speak clearly and distinctly.
- Sensitivity to resident needs and the ability to build positive relationships.
- Dependable and Reliable
- Deal with emergencies calmly and effectively.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year of experience in a receptionist/customer service-related position and intermediate computer skills.
Dietary & Housekeeping Staff
Nurses and Nursing Aides
Side Street Diner
We are looking to hire:
Line and Prep cooks
Stop in to pick up an application.
630 St. Clair, Grosse Pointe, MI 48230
We are hoping to get new staff trained before reopening our dining room and patio.
St. Michael’s Episcopal Church
St. Michael’s Church is seeking the right person to be our next administrative assistant. We need someone with secure office skills and excellent people skills. The work is about 80% administrative and 20% receptionist.
System competencies that we need include: Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel), Google Docs, Google Calendar, Gmail; Constant Contact (email marketing). An understanding of social media platforms, including Facebook and Instagram, would be helpful. Our website is powered by Astra WordPress Theme
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9 am to 1 pm for 20 hours per week. Compensation is competitive based on qualifications and experience. Benefits include paid legal holidays, vacation, and retirement contributions via a 403b pension plan.
Inquiries and resume to: The Rev. Michael Bradley, rector, St. Michael’s Church, either by mail to our address or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for application: Saturday, October 24, 2020.