A Community wide event: Bike to 6 locations to hear 6 local legends
Six volunteer storytellers will be located at six locations in six cities. Stories will be told every half an hour or as groups arrive. Bike safely in groups or on your own. See bike safety rules of the road on the back of this flyer.
Sunday, October 13, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
The Five Grosse Pointes and Harper Woods
Visit some or all of these locations to hear the 6 different legends (in no order):
- Grosse Pointe Park: The Fox Indian Massacre, Windmill Pointe Historical Marker at Lakepointe,
- Grosse Pointe City: La Loup Garou, Cadieux Farmhouse, 533 Saint Clair,
- Grosse Pointe Farms: The Devil’s Grist, Provencal-Weir House, c. 1823,
376 Kercheval Avenue, one block North of Moross,
- Grosse Pointe Woods: The Nun of St. Clair, Cook School House,
20025 Mack Avenue, next to GPW offices,
- Grosse Pointe Shores: A Legend of the Griffin’s Voyage, Shores Municipal offices,
At Lakeshore and Vernier,
- Harper Woods: Le Lutin, Salter Park, 19430 Harper Avenue, just South of Littlestone,
In partnership with Healthy Grosse Pointe and Harper Woods, and the Grosse Pointe Chamber of Commerce,
Grosse Pointe Historical Society, Grosse Pointe Pedalers, Grosse Pointe Theater,
and the Family Center of Grosse Pointe and Harper Woods.
For more info visit www.healthygphw.org